AUGUST WRAP UP!

21:10

I feel so ashamed. Three books! THREE WHOLE BOOKS! Thats all I read in the month of August!
I mean one of them was a audiobook. I feel so ashamed!

So I set myself a slight challenge last month: Read some of my half finished books! 
Which technically I did complete, I just didn't do as much as I wanted! 

So lets get started!

The first book I finsihed reading was The Fictional Woman by Tara Moss 



I read this book over the course of a year and a half as it is very informational heavy book and some of the topics are not so much heavy but deep and quite thought provoking. 
I loved this book, cause the first thing people think of when they hear "Tara Moss" is 'oh the model' and not about her amazing writing. She writes this fantastic crime novels that have won awards but nobody sees her as a accomplished author! 

This is Tara's first drive into non fiction writing and I think she nails it. Each chapter has topic surrounding women from all aspects of life, and the way she writes about each subject is fantastic as she uses factual information as well as sections from her own life. It is a truly fascinating book and I am absolutely loved it!

(Also Tara Moss follows me on instagram)

5/5 stars from me!




The second book I finished reading was Alice's adventures in wonderland by Lewis Carroll



As I read this book so sparsely over a few years, I was not the biggest fan of this book. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the characters, I just didn't get sucked into it as much as I was planning to. It is 100% my fault for not reading it in a few sittings but I will read it again when I have less books to read and more time. Maybe its an audio book for me!

3.5/5 stars from me!

The third and final book I listened to this month was The martian by andy 
weir 

I have already done a full review of this book in my last post, found here!
But to summerise, I loved it! It is my new favourite stand alone book. I loved the story, the characters, I loved the narrator, it made me laugh, it made me cry. I felt all of the emotions!

Please read this book. Even if you don't like space or science fiction or want to get into it, please read this book!

Also the movie is coming out very soon and I will be first in line!

5/5 Stars, duh!

So I have left this blog for a while as well as my instagram and I love writing this and being a part of the community and just having so much fun talking about books! So I am jumping back into it cause I  miss this so much!

Alright, if you did better than me this month let me know and tell me which book did you love in the month of August? 


Until the next time I read a book
Find me on Twitter
Add me on Goodreads &
Follow me on instagram: chelsies_book_addiction


Chelsie xoxo




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts