THRONE OF GLASS REVIEW

06:19

By Sarah J. Maas


In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world. (Aquired from Goodreads)



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh my goodness, this book is just so omg!
So to be completely honest I didn’t read this book physically, I listened to the audio book while driving to work. Now some people love this (me) and some people hate this (that’s okay). So when I had finished James Cordon’s book and was deciding on which book to grab next, I saw “Throne of glass” I had heard of this book in a positive light not nothing major about it at all. So I got it and the next morning driving to work, I immediately fell in love with this book!

Let’s talk plot line:

Now I don’t read much fantasy, much to my dismay, and thanks to this book all I want to do is read fantasy. The story was so gripping I became so engrossed in this book to the point where I wanted to go for a drive so I could listen to it! The ups and downs of all the characters, not knowing who to trust and believe, the way her writing flowed was magical. The entire world of this story is fascinating, I want to gain every piece of information of this land and what it entails. Why is magic banned, who are the fairies, how did the world become like this, Celaena’s past, why is the king such evil person and what are his plans (seriously what’s going on there), and what is this rebellion! I must find out all the answers!

Characters:
Celaena: This woman is amazing, her wit, passion and her way of being is enticing to read. Immediately you love this character from the first few chapters. You trust her, even though she is a badass assassin. But behind the violent past in her life and the tragic torture she endured, she has such a captivating personality, she cracks jokes, she cares and loves for people, she has emotions and displays them which is so refreshing from authors. Physically strong female characters usually never show any emotion at all, so it was so wonderful to read about a well written character.

Chaol: aka my favourite male character in this book. Seriously he is such a good character. As soon as I realised that there was going to be a little bit of a love triangle I knew I wanted him to come out on top! I have no words! He was just so great to read about, he is strong and stoic and again displayed emotion and concern but it was never over baring (like another character). I loved he presence in the book and the gradual relationship he created with Celaena. Plus he is bae.


Dorian: To be honest, I didn’t like Dorian, I didn’t like the relationship between him and Celaena, I didn’t like how rushed and forced it seemed, I didn’t like how he was so over baring he was. Every scene he was in felt like too much. I get he isn’t his father who is despicable and he is trying to create a better world but it really doesn’t look as if he is really trying and he just bugged me so much.

Nehemiah: This character was so marvellous, I love this character so much. She was so 3D it was amazing. Her story was fascinating and I hope to read more of it in other books. The way she is playing everyone in these books in not only awesome but kind of funny as well. She has just got the most amazing temperament to read about. I loved her and I was so nervous to think that she might be a trap but she was beautifully written and just was amazing to read about!
I finished the book today and 7 minutes after I had finished it, I found myself in a book store where the three books were being sold for $30! $10 a book? YES PLEASE! So as I am writing this book I am glancing at crown of midnight that is begging me to read it, so I might go do that right now!

Until the next time I read a book, check me out on other social media platforms:
Instagram: chelsie_book_addiction

Chelsie xoxo 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts