MY FIRST BOOK HAUL!

08:12

Now I have set a little agreement with myself recently as I am moving house and all my books are I boxes. I am allowing myself every Wednesday when my weeks’ pay goes into my account, I can go on bookdepository.com and spend roughly $30. This means I have a nice flow of books coming through my mail box every week.

Granted some of them haven’t shown up yet, but I have paid for them so it counts!

GRACE’S GUIDE; THE ART OF PRETENDING TO BE A GROWN UP
BY GRACE HELBIG




This was a very late Christmas present to myself. I bought this late January, I got two actually, one for my friend for Christmas as well! I have read it and listened to the audio book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact I reviewed it here for you!

THE 100
BY KASS MORGAN


Truth be told, I only got this book because I watch the tv show, and I really like the show I have read it, was quite alright. Wasn't the best book ever but I wasn't expecting greatness so I was happy to read it. I think it did take me like a few hours to get through it.
    
READY PLAYER ONE 
BY ERNEST CLINE


This is one of the three books that have not arrived yet, it was supposed to be here last week but I guess things happen! I majorly excited about this book because of the amazing things I have heard about it! I’m not sure what it is really about, because I have only heard bits and pieces but I am very excited to read it, once it finally gets here!

LESBIAN FOR A YEAR
BY BROOKE HEMPHILL



This is a book that I have read and do not like at all. I have a lot of things to say about this book. I have quite a few emotions and opinions about how horrible this book is but I need to be calm and collected, possibly have a large glass of wine, before I start writing a review.

BEAUTY QUEENS
BY LIBBA BRAY



I have heard wonderful and amazing things about this book. It is yet to arrive but I hope it gets here this week as I am dying to read it! All I know about it, is a whole bunch of beauty queens are stranded on an island, and that it is really well written with fantastic material. So I hope to dear god it hurries up and gets to my house ASAP!

THE PURITY MYTH 
BY JESSICA VALENTI



Now I have always been one to read non-fiction in a way to teach myself about new ideas and opinions. I really love self-teaching as it does give me space to form my own values and beliefs about any topic I choose, while also gathering data and facts. Some of the more interesting topics has to be: gender, sexuality, women’s studies and general sexism, and as that is what I want to base my future career on, I feel as though reading about said subjects is fantastic. The purity myth is about, well just that, USA and the world has an obsession with virginity and that concept and this book explores how damaging that can been to young children, focusing on the effects on women. So if it would hurry up and get to my house that would be amazing thank you!

SAGA
BY BRIAN. K. VAUGHAN, ILLUSTRATED BY FIONA STAPLES



Now I picked up this graphic novel on a whim, I had recognised the cover and remembered good reviews . . . so of course I bought it.  Read it in under 40 minutes. Then the next day I had free, I went out a grabbed the next 3 volumes. I am in the middle of a review for this graphic novel series but I am having trouble putting words into sentences other than ‘it was fantastic’. But it was fantastic, probably rated NC-17 as it does have some mature scenes and themes, but was brilliant.

So those are the newest books in my home library.
Have you read any of these books or have a recommendation, let me know!

Until next time I read a book

Bye xox 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts