EGGHEAD: OR, YOU CAN'T SURVIVE ON IDEAS ALONE

10:29

BY BO BURNHAM


If you haven’t heard of Bo Burnham before, have you been living under a rock?

Burnham is a 24 year old musical comedian, poet, and actor who is best known for his politically correct and somewhat blunt comedy performances. He is truly funny while also pointing out flaws in the modern world. He is one of my favourite comedians right now, so when I saw he had written a book I was sold!

Now I must say, I've never been one to sit down and read a full book of poetry, it just not my cup of tea, but Bo’s short and to the point poems had me in stitches!



All of the poems are perfectly constructed, infused with potty mouthed language, and are easy to follow as they are without the pretentious language of usual poems. 

The drawings in the book really were the cherry on top of the cake, they really just helped create the idea in your head or were funny enough on their own. I really commend the artist, Chance Bone, for her work.



He hit the nail on the head with a balance of funny and smart and this book could be read in under a hour.

I will be forever be going back to this book, time and time again. I loved it, a perfect rainy day kind of novel! 

I rated Bo Burnham's debut novel:

4 stars out of 5

I wasn't the only person to rate this book

Goodreads gave it a 4.1 stars out of 5 
Amazon gave it a 4.7 stars out of 5

So solid reviews around for Mr. Burnham.
So i would highly recommend this book anyone with a slight funny bone in their body.
And if you haven't yet; go check out his performance here (new tab) 

So until next time I read a book

Bye xox 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts